I love fairy tale retellings. Three of the novels I’ve written are retellings. My current WIP is inspired by a fairy tale.
So, yeah. I really love retellings, both writing and reading them! If you’re a fellow fairy tale fan, here are some retellings to check out!
- A Dragon by Any Other Name by S. D. Grimm (Beauty and the Beast)
- The Enchanted Sonata by Heather Dixon Wallwork (The Pied Piper/The Nutcracker)
- The Winter Charlatan by Victoria McCombs (Sleeping Beauty)
- All the Queen’s Sons by Elizabeth Kipps (The Twelve Dancing Princesses)
- Into the Heartless Wood by Joanna Ruth Meyer (Little Mermaid/Beauty and the Beast)
While I don’t have reviews for them on the blog yet, I also recommend:
- Waking Beauty by Sarah E. Morin (Sleeping Beauty)
- Beauty by Robin McKinley (Beauty and the Beast)
- Princess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day Geroge (The Twelve Dancing Princesses)
- Echo North by Joanna Ruth Meyer (Beauty and the Beast/East of the Sun, West of the Moon)
What’s one of your favorite fairy tale retellings?